Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Long Afternoon At Stanford

My appointment was scheduled for 3:30pm, but as usual I didn't get seen until after 5pm. My oncologist is out for a month so I think my NP and the attending taking her spot are a little overwhelmed. I figured my oncologist was on a nice vacation, but I was told that she took the month off to finish up a book on Lymphoma and start one on Polio. I can't imagine taking a month off of work to do more work!

My counts were good enough to do chemo, but my red count was quite low. Normally someone with my level would probably get a transfusion, but my NP said I could continue Procrit instead and keep an eye on it. Since my dad was out last week, Chris forgot to give me the shot, which could have contributed to the drop in counts. Besides the Procrit shot, I also got the flu shot, so my arm is pretty sore. Tomorrow I will start my 5 day regimen of Neupogen shots. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have the extreme bone pain I had last time. I also had a chest x-ray done. My NP said that there didn't appear to be any change since the last one. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign. I think we will have a better idea when I have my next CT done.

Chris and I were able to make it out to the Nike marathon this past weekend. We were around mile 6 cheering everyone on. We had Francesca and Pebbles with us, which were the big attention getters. It was a good distraction for all the runners/walkers. Last season I was an honoree for the Hike for Discovery team and this coming season I will be an honoree for the Triatholon team. It's nice to be involved with TNT again, especially without the training part :P

These coming days we will be taking Francesca and Pebbles to some Halloween costume contests. Francesca is Snoopy and Pebbles is Woodstock.

Happy Halloween!!! Don't forget to turn your clocks this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home