Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Two Long Days At Stanford

I’ve spent most of the last two days at Stanford. Thursday I went to work as usual, but by mid-morning I was having extreme pain on my lower right back (the same place that has been bothering me for a week). I called my NP when the pain was getting intolerable and she had me come in right away.

After much waiting, I finally saw the NP in charge for the day (I didn’t get to see my regular NP since it was a “sick call”). I described my symptoms to her and she went and relayed them to my doctor (she was finally back from sabbatical). My doctor thought it was best to have another urinalysis test done, some abdomen x-rays, and to move up the date of my CT scan. I did the urine test and x-rays and waited several more hours. The NP finally came back after consulting the results of the x-ray with the radiologist and my doctor and said there was nothing abnormal they could see. The preliminary urine test also showed nothing abnormal. The plan for now is to have the CT done sooner than later to try and see what the pain can be caused from. We were there a total of about 4-5 hours.

Today I was there around 10am for my scheduled blood transfusion appointment. It was 11:30am before they even started to give me the first unit of blood. The Benadryl knocked me out for part of the day (I only received a pediatric dose) and I had a visit from two friends, which was very nice. That always makes the time go by faster. The whole process took about 6 hours, which made for a VERY long day. Fortunately I had plenty of magazines with me and Chris had his PSP to play games. Tonight I’m feeling a little more energized, but definitely very bloated and puffy. I feel like I’m carrying triplets in my belly. So gross!

The pain in my side was better today, but it’s still bothersome and hurts a lot when I cough. The doctor that was seeing me while my doctor was gone stopped by to say “hi” while I was there today and mentioned that although they didn’t see anything on the x-ray, there’s a possibility I could have had a stone in my kidney. Again, the CT should show more detail and hopefully rule out anything serious.

For now I will take it easy this weekend, trying to de-bloat and rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home