Snoopy's Updates

Erika's four-year ongoing battle with non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's Lymphoma after an autologous BMT and non-myeloblative allogeneic BMT.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Little Disaster At The Dog Park

We usually take Pebbles and Francesca to the Campbell dog park on weekend evenings. They love socializing with all the dogs and Chris and I enjoy seeing some of the regulars (humans and dogs) that attend. If you haven't been to the Campbell dog park before, it's a wonderful place that is divided into "big dog" and "little dog" sections. The two sections are enclosed and contain both grass and dirt.

On Saturday, Chris and I were standing in our usual spot chatting with a dog owner when all of a sudden two medium size dogs hit me from behind on the knees. I went flying onto my back and hit my head on the ground. It all happened so fast that I didn't even realize at first why I was on the ground until my head started hurting. I eventually got up and was fine, but later on I started feeling some extreme pain on my right toe. Somehow I managed to stub or sprain it and I couldn't put any pressure on it or walk normal. The rest of the night I felt pretty okay besides my toe throbbing.

This morning however, was a different story. When I woke up my neck was in so much pain. I couldn't lift it off the pillow without turning sideways and doing some funny maneuvers. After some Advil and resting for 30 minutes I managed to get up. All day it's been extremely sore and I have difficulty turning it side to side. This evening I put a heat pack on it and it's been doing better. I know it will probably be stiff for the next few days though, which will probably be irritating at work. I guess I'm very fortunate that I didn't hit my head harder and do more damage, especially with my platelets being low. From now on I will have to stay glued to the fence or bench while I'm enjoying the doggies play.

Because I'm sick of dealing with the ongoing fevers, today I decided to increase my prednisone to 20mg. It's a sign that I'm obviously fed up with feeling awful, because there's nothing that I hate more than that drug and its side effects. I'll be back at Stanford on Tuesday for blood tests and Wednesday for treatment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home